Roughly 40% of data breaches were the direct result of unpatched software vulnerabilities.
Patch management is a critical component of your cybersecurity hygiene. So, what is a patch? A patch is a software update that implements a piece of code to remedy a system vulnerability. As we’ve seen from recent exploits, namely the Equifax and Solarwinds attacks, it’s easy to forget or ignore software updates and related security buffers. Unfortunately, a flaw in the system, primarily when a fix exists, provides a simple target for hackers.
Why Is Patch Management Vital To Your Business Security?
In today’s cloud-driven digital world, software applications need constant attention. Enforcing a regular cadence to patch updates will:
- Eliminate security vulnerabilities – vulnerabilities that a hacker would love to capitalize on.
- Address a specific and critical weakness – closing a loophole in real-time means instant protection.
- Improve your overall operating system – prone to fewer crashes and overall a more stable environment.
Sentribit Can Implement a Successful Patch Management Process
Your business requires a responsive security patch management process to ensure your cybersecurity is in tip-top shape. Consider this: 60 percent of data security breaches occur in an instance where a patch was available.
While there are different methodologies to help build a quality patch management system, Sentribit uses a combination of automation and manual support that offers businesses:
- An understanding of your entire network
- A test environment for patch updates
- Backup and remediation plan development
- An evaluation and collection of patch alerts
- Configuration management
- Regularly scheduled patches without interruption
- Procedures and policies for maintenance